GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0901684678

From: Beth Indra< >
Subject: CUMMINS/WHELAN (PHELAN)
Date: 28 Jul 1998 20:57:58 -0700

I am looking for more information on Thomas Cummins and Hanora
Whelan/Phelan. Tom may have been born shortly before 1800 and Hanora
possibly shortly afterwards. They were living in the townlands of
Ballycloven, Co. Kilkenny in 1828 when their first child Edmond was
born. They moved to the area of West Court between 1833 and 1835. Tom
died in 1848. Five of their six living children moved to America in
1865 (after Hanora's death?). Does anyone have any information on them
or know how I could get any information without either going to Ireland
or sending money there? Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
Beth

Researching Tobin, Cummins, Whelan/Phelan, and Dawson