GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2000-08 > 0966739223

From: "News" <>
Subject: County Sligo Railway
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 03:40:23 +0100

I have been told that my ancestors lived near a railway (maybe Kilfree
junction) when I went to Sligo I did not notice one maybe it is not there
anymore.
My ancestors came from Gurteen , does anyone know the history of the railway
or station that was once there: On my great grandfathers birth cert he came
from Mweelroe Gurteen and I am trying to get a connection with his birth
in1869 to his arrival in England where he married in Lancaster and lived in
Yorkshire, I also cannot find a death cert for him.
his name was William McGill I would like to find out more about the
McGill's in Ireland.
bye for now Julie

This thread: