GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2008-07 > 1216715440

From: (cecilia)
Subject: Re: FREE Griffiths Valuation
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:30:40 GMT

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 07:53:49 GMT, "Christopher Coburn"
<> wrote:
>GRIFFITH'S VALUATION, the most detailed guide to people and property in
>mid-19th century Ireland, has gone online for free for the first time.
>The version available on the website is searchable by
>family name and place name; [...]
>Look for the link on the page below to Griffiths Valuation.

The search-by-name page is at

Beware putting in first names - abbreviations are not translated. My
ancestor was findable if I merely put in family name and location, but
not if I put anything in the given names field except for WM.L.

This thread: