GENMSC-L Archives

Archiver > GENMSC > 1996-06 > 0834800751

From: "Ray G. Thompson" <>
Subject: Help a so-called Vietnam Veteran
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 01:05:51 GMT

A genealogy list is not the place to whine to the world about problems. Try
"Whine.Alt" Besides, this guy Dozier served during the Vietnam war at Langley
AFB in Virginia on the beach. He never left the states.

Every reader of GENMSC-L ought to send him back ever issue for a while to get
him off our net.

Signed,

A guy who, like thousands of others, served and ain't whinning.

> Topics in this special issue:
>
> 1. WWII/the USS WALKER/when & where?
> 2. SHIP RECORDS
> 3. DAVIS, BURT, RUTHERFORD, IVEY, VANN, STROUD, OWENS
> 4. PAF, and Ancestral File online
> 5. AOL Web Pages
> 6. Nicknames (2)
> 7. Paf Version 3.0 for IBM PC
> 8. Courtland NY Police 1870s
> 9. San Francisco telephone look-up
> 10. HUSTON; KY-->IN-->IA, USA
> 11. Quaker Quilt Search
> 12. Australian gold rush?
> 13. Oswego Co. NY, USA - county historian?
> 14. BROWN Ped. - Des of Wm Brown (1715-78)
> 15. HUFFMAN Death Date
> 16. Patrick Henry: 1726-1799
> 17. search: J.A.F. BOER, painter, kunstmaler, Dusseldorf 1936......
> 18. Roberts Web Site
> 19. BROWN, Queens Co. New Brunswick, 1800-1870
> 20. Is $40 fee outrageous?
> 21. $40 fee
> 22. desc. of Jacob Meyer
> 23. Ship 'SUSAN AND ELLEN,' 1643 to Lynn, Mass.
> 24. (no subject given)
> 25. 19th Century Ontario Twps
> 26. OLD PHOTO'S REPAIRED AND COPIES MADE
> 27. Seeking book "A Hallock Genealogy"
> 28. I need help
> 29. 'Blenkin' surname, 'Waddell' surname
> 30. NOLTING-SAUERBREI Reunion
> 31. Occupations: "fellmonger" -- ?
> 32. Planter or Farmer ?
> 33. PLEASE HELP! Keep another veteran from becoming homeless.
> 34. Info wanted on place called Corette (Montana, USA)
> 35. calendar dates (2)
> 36. PAF
> 37. software for Mac?
> 38. Looking For Cherokee Registration Number!!
> 39. Deborah TICKNOR, 1773-1842, Mayflower descendant of R. Warren
> 40. SCHULTZ
> 41. Canadian Death Certificate
> 42. Trying to Locate Genealogical Index
> 43. DAR contradiction
> 44. WWW Phone book look up site?? HELP.
> 45. Need Brother's Keeper WWW addr
> 46. Marriage record - N Y City
> 47. TAPE BACK-UP UNIT--WHICH ONE?

> Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 18:20:54 -0700
> From: twojean <>
> Subject: Re: WWII/the USS WALKER/when & where?
>
> wrote:
> >
> > My uncle served on board the USS Walker during World War II, and died
> > in the service (1943). The following is the only information I can
> > find pertaining to this ship. If anyone has any other info on the USS
> > Walker, and is willing to email it to me, I would appreciate it.
> > Would like to know commission date, sites used in WWII (Pacific??),
> > de-commission date, and where is it now? Have heard it was now in the
> > Italian Navy, but not sure of reliability of source. Thanks in
> > advance.
> >
> > USS Walker (DD517) built by Iron Bath Works, delivered to the USN on
> > April 3, 1943. It is in the Fletcher class of destroyers.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> >
> > S.Goodman
>
> >From JANE'S FIGHTING SHIPS OF WWII, p281: 1940-1941 programme: Walker,
> [...]

----