GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 1997-10 > 0877731987

From: Stan George <>
Subject: Re: Descendants of Richard George
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 15:26:27 -0700

Melissa,

Hi! I'm afraid I can't help you much. While it is possible that a
branch of my ancestry travelled down to Georgia, I don't have any knowledge
of them. The only family line that I know of travelled out through
Virginia, West Virginia, and Ohio to Indiana, where my Great-Grandfather was
born. I'm not sure why my Grandfather's middle name was Sherman, but since
he was born in 1865 I would guess it had something to do with General
Sherman, something that seems unlikely for Georgians. I would be interested
to hear, though, if you do find any links to my George line.

Stan

At 10:27 AM 10/24/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Stan,
> Hi, I am curios about your GEORGE's. The reason is......
>I have a Sherman GEORGE born November 27, 1890 and I notice the
>"Sherman"
>in your list of info. I also notice your GEORGE's are in WV but mine are
>in Georgia. I can't find any info on my GEORGE's before before "Bud"
>GEORGE
>he was the father of Sherman. I don't have a birthdate or place on "Bud"
>nor do I know his real name. Is it possible that one of your GEORGE's
>went by the nickname "Bud"?
>
>Looking forward to hearing from you,
>Melissa
>
>Stan George wrote:
>>
>> Greetings!
>>
>> I am just entering this group and am looking for information on
Richard
>> George (b. 1763 in Hampshire Co. WV, d. 7/30/1824) and his descendants.
>> My line from Richard George is:
>> Richard George +Mary (?)
>> Henry George (b. 2/6/186) + Lydia Votaw
>> John Henry George (b. 1838) + Mary Ann Brown
>> Joseph Sherman George (b. 1865) + Anna Read
>> Conklin
>> John Thomas George + Mabel Aurelia
>> Carter
>> Stanley Carter George (me)
>>
>> I have been told that Richard George's ancestors came to Jamestown in
>> about 1614, or thereabouts, but I have no other information before
>> Richard's time. I am looking for information about Richard's ancestors
>> and his wife. I have more details about Richard and his descendants, if
>> anyone is interested.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Stan
>
>--
>Melissa Shreve-Owen
>email: mailto:
>ICQ# 1139770
>Heartland Community Leader for Heartland/Acres/2000-2249
>To let me know how I am doing as a CL go here:
>http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/9530/hclfeedback.html
>Member of the Heartland Genealogy Society Committee
>(HGS)= http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ranch/2416/index.html

This thread: