GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 1998-11 > 0911866466

From: "Brady P. Emmett" <>
Subject: [GEORGE-L] Hardy Co, WV
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:14:26 -0700

Hello,

I am researching the George family Surname in Hardy Co, WV. I have in my
records a James George born about 1785, estimated marriage about 1815 to
Margaret (?), and who showed up on the 1850
and 1860 census of Hardy Co. Children: John, James (Jr.) , Margaret, Mary,
Enos, and William.

I also have records of James George (Jr.) born abt 1822, married before
1846 to Elizabeth, married to Phebe Wolford before 1860. He showed up on
the 1860 census w/o Elizabeth. Children (from the census) Sophronia, Jacob,
Gabriel, Mary, and Christian.

I am particularly interested in Margaret and Elizabeth, as well as the
parents of James George (Sr.). I have unsubstantiated evidense that leads
me to believe that Margaret's surname was Engle and that James George (Sr.)
may have had another wife before being married to Margaret.

I thank you for any information that you can provide me...

Brady Emmett

This thread: