GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 1999-01 > 0915231175

From: Irene Transue< >
Subject: [GEORGE-L] Christopher George
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 17:52:55 -0500 (EST)

Searching for information on my father Christopher George who was a
Greek immigrant. I do not have any vitat statistics for him. Only
information is that he was associated with a Hellenic Club on 153
Mechanic St, Worcester, MA in 1920 and lived at 73 Spring Street,
Springfield, MA on March 12, 1921 when I was born in the Mercy Hospital
at
Springfield. At that time he was a waiter and a hotel in Springfield.
I think it was called Hotel Bellway. My birth certificate lists his
place of birth at Greece--no town name. I am also trhing to find our
where Greeks embarked on ships to America in the time period 1900-1920.
The names of these ships and what ports they entered in America. I
would be very grateful for any information whatsoever. Thank you.
Irene Christie George Transue

This thread: