GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 1999-04 > 0924108704

From: <>
Subject: [GEORGE-L] George-KY-IN.
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:51:44 EDT

I am a new subscriber, the "joke" message was the first I received. I
thought that it was certainly, uh, different than the other family list that
I subscribe to. I am glad to see that there are those on the list who are
interested in George Genealogy.

My elusive George is John George, b. 1801, KY., who married (the first
record I have for him) in Boone Co.,. KY. on 30 Dec. 1824 in Boone Co. KY. to
Sarah Vest. John was in KY. until about 1838 when he moved to Greene Co.,
IN. Believe John had brothers: William b. 1797, and David b. 1798, KY.
Also, sisters, Jane, Mary and Sarah, all b. KY. All of these Georges and
their families went to Greene Co., IN. at about the same time.
John's children:
unknown daughter b. abt. 1825 in Boone Co., KY.
Mary George b. c. 1830, Boone Co., KY.
unknown son, b. c. 1831, Boone Co., KY.
Thomas Dudley George b. 13 Feb. 1832, Boone Co., KY.
William Henry George, b. 1835, Boone Co., KY.
Sarah George b. 1837, Boone Co., KY.
Alexander George, b. 1842, IN.
Benjamin George, b. 1844, IN.
Edward M. George, b. 1847, IN.

In an effort to find the parents of John George, and where in KY. his family
came from to Boone, I have undertaken a research of all Georges in KY. during
the mid 1790's to 1850 time period. If you have Georges in KY. during this
period, I would like to hear about them.

Shirley George Towner

This thread: