GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 1999-04 > 0924870617

From: <>
Subject: [GEORGE-L] GEORGE QUERY
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:30:17 EDT

I am trying to locate information on a William GEORGE who was born in Germany
in September of 1838. I have located a copy of his obituary, but some of the
words were cut-off. It tells that he came to America at the age of
________(word missing!). Anyway, we think he was born in Wurttemburg, and
possibly came through Wales. He married a Hannah DUNDORE who was born in
Ohio, but whose family was originally from around the Berks Co., PA area.
Hannah's parents settled in the Plainfield, IL area as did William. As many
others from this side of the family also came from the same basic PA area, I
am thinking that maybe William had some connection there also. We are having
a George Reunion this August and I would very much like to have this info by
this time. Any help would be greatly appreciated! (By the way, I haven't
found William on any immigration lists so far. And, supposedly, he had some
connection to the royal family.)

Thanks

Caron

This thread: