GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 2000-05 > 0958588675

From: "Marty Grant" <>
Subject: [GEORGE-L] George web pages (Col. John George of VA line)
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 14:37:55 -0400

Hi cousins, and fellow George listers,

Those of you who are from the Col. John George (c1603-1679) line of VA may
be interested to know that I have almost fully restored my George web pages,
and made major improvements at the same time. You might recall that I
deleted all my pages a year ago due to health problems (in an effort to cut
back on e-mail), but I have just completed (more or less) a major update to
the George pages.

Each family group (beginning with Col. John and wife Jane Cole) have their
own page, complete with all my documentation and comments. Start at my main
page (link below) and follow the various links to see what is available. The
George Families of VA, NC and TN link contains links to each family page.

George page (Main) http://www.martygrant.com/gen/george.shtm

I have pages for each of these (linked from Families page and elsewhere):

Col. John George and Jane Cole of Isle of Wight Co, VA

Isaac George (1635-1689) and Hester Fawdon of " " " " "

John George (c1672-1711) of " " " " "

Robert George (1666-1734) and Sarah --- of " and Middlesex Co, VA

Robert George Jr (c1697) and Anne Allen of Middlesex and Caroline Co, VA

Richard George (1709-1773) and Elizabeth Ann Mayo of Middlesex and Caroline
Co, VA

John George (1704-1784) and Mary Jordan and Ursula Dudley of Middlesex,
Essex and Caroline Co, VA

John George Jr (c1725-1792) and Frances --- of Caroline and Pittsylvania Co,
VA and Greene Co, GA

Reuben George (1730-1799) and Mildred Rogers of Caroline Co, VA

James George (c1734-1799) and Elizabeth Noden of Caroline and Pittsylvania
Co, VA

Hugh George (c1766-1819) and Celia McHaney of Pittsylvania Co, VA

James Jordan George (1761-1824) and Elizabeth Pemberton and Nancy Dugger of
Pittsylvania Co, VA and Sullivan Co, TN

Charles Noden George (1791-1869) and Celia Smith of Sullivan, Carter, Blount
and Monroe Co, TN and Cherokee and Graham Co, NC

Jefferson George (1836-1887) and Mary Elizabeth Young of Cherokee Co, NC

Lafayette George (1830-1864) and Rachel B. Hensley of Monroe Co, TN and
Cherokee and Graham Co, NC (** My Great Great Great Grandparents).

I also have a page for Nicholas George I (died 1661) and Margaret of
Lancaster Co, VA.

I also have a page for David George (died ca 1675) and wife Mary of
Middlesex Co, VA.

I'll add other pages for other Virginia George families as time (and health)
permits. As always, any input, suggestions, criticisms (be nice!) are
welcome. I'm not in good health, so I may be slow to respond to queries.

Marty Grant (Marvin Grant Jr)
email:
web: http://www.martygrant.com/gen/george.shtml

This thread: