GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 2002-02 > 1012952774

From: Pattie Carter <>
Subject: [GEORGE-L] RE: George Family of Tn and Tx
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 17:46:27 -0600

SweetsI'am trying to further and gather clues within my researching of my George line.
What I do know is the following:

Mary George b. c. 1841 in Tennessee married William L. Tucker b. c. 1825 in Tennessee.
They married 03 August 1858 in Rusk County, Texas.

An 1860 Cherokee County, Texas census p. 491 was located with the following information.
William Tucker age 35 born in Tennessee
Mary Tucker age 19 born in Tennessee
Elizabeth Tucker 6/12 born in Texas

I have not confirmed if this is my William and Mary Tucker of my direct line.
But listed within the household above them is the following George Family.
Orran George age 43 born in Tennessee
(Could be reading Orran's name wrong from the census. Could be Owen or
something else. Most likely looks like Orran)
Julia George age 40 born in Tennessee
Nancy George age 17 born in Tennessee
William George age 10 born in Alabama
Eliza George age 8 born in Texas
Not named George age 5/12 born in Texas

I think this George family could be my Mary George's parents and her siblings.
Would like more information if anyone has anything on any of the above persons.
Hope someone out can help.... Pattie =)

This thread: