GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 2002-02 > 1014473940

From: "Gene & Susan" <>
Subject: [GEORGE-L] My GEORGE LINE-Correction
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:24:33 -0600

Sorry, I was still running on Friday burn out and didn't have all the
information I have, listed in the first email to the group. I noticed I
didn't have all of Zachariah and Mary's children listed... One particular
interest is Samuel. There was a "family riff", and he went away and was
never heard from again. I sure would like to know what happened to him, and
what the "riff" was about.

Also - if you go to Hueytown Historical Society, I located it on Google, to
cemeteries, Blue Creek has a listing of the smaller cemeteries, our George
cem. is on page 50. It has a good list. Some of our family is also buried at
Buckville Cem. Hope this is useful to someone.

Lewis moved to AL with a Land Grant from the War of 1812, well, we "think"
that was what it was for anyway. The land grant was from the government.

Looking for information on this line:

Lewis George (1790) & Mary, from Laurens SC, moved to Alabama in 1823?
Bibb/Jefferson AL area
children
John K. GEORGE b: 1818 in SC - Married Mary Hinton
James W. GEORGE b: 1820 SC - Married Amanda Peel
Nancy GEORGE b.1815 - Married Thomas Kimbrell
Lydia GEORGE b: 1 Feb 1849
Thomas William GEORGE b: 20 Jan 1826 AL - Married Mary Ann Abernathy
Zachariah L. GEORGE b: 1829 AL - Married Mary Ann Nicholas
Dennis D. GEORGE b: 1831 AL - Married Sarah Ann Oglesberry
Martha GEORGE b: 1836 - Married Samuel Weed
Elizabeth GEORGE b: 1838 - Married Samuel B Oglesberry
Richard L. GEORGE b:1827 AL - Married Mary Ann ?

Zachariah married Mary Ann Nicholas in Shelby AL. In the 1880 census they
are listed as:
George, Z L 52 AL
Mary wife 46 AL
Nancy dau 28 AL
Margaret dau 18 AL
Manerva dau 15 AL - Married McBride
Sarah dau 12 AL
William son 9 AL - Married Elizabeth Lemmond
Samuel son 6 AL

Not Listed
Melissa 1853
Evaline 1856
Missouria 1858
Lucinda 1860 - Married Marion Fendley

William Henry George and Elizabeth Lemmond -
Children
Lura Ruth,
Nannie,
Wm Adam, b. 1913
Andrew Jackson,
Mary,
Mildred Elizabeth,
Fred,
Marvin

Some of the Surnames connected to this family are Harkness, Lemmond/LeMond,
Green, Nickless/Nicholas/Nichols, Kimbrell, Abernathy,
Oglesberry/Oglesby/Oglesbury, Weed, McBride, Carroll, Brashear and
Loveless.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Susan George Tomasz

This thread: