GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 2003-01 > 1043641748

From: "Jerry Bryan" <>
Subject: [GEORGE-L] Presley George Sr., 1824, Witnessed a Will, Stokes County, NC
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 23:29:08 -0500

Presley George Sr. witnessed a will in Stokes County, so I assume he was
living in Stokes County by at least 1824. Also, he made his mark, so
perhaps he could not read and write.

Stokes County, North Carolina Wills
Volumes I - IV, 1790-1864
By Mrs. W. O. Absher
Southern Historical Press; C/o The Rev. Silas Emmettt Lucas, Jr.; P. O. Box
7738; Easley, South Carolina 29641-0738
ISBN 0-89308-557-X

(page 73 in book)
Vol. II, Page 124.
10 July 1824, Will of Jeremiah BEAZLEY . September Term 1824. Wife (not
named), land where I live. 259 acres Dan River. Son John, above at death
of wife. All my children (not named) except John, balance estate. No
Executor named. Witness Presley (X) GEORGE, Malkejah FRANCIS, Joseph FRANCIS
and James LYON. Signed Jeremiah (X) BEAZLEY.

Jerry Bryan