GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 2003-02 > 1045719042

Subject: Re: [GEORGE] Moses George
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:30:48 EST

In a message dated 2/19/2003 9:09:14 PM Central Standard Time,
writes:

> I have a Moses George 2nd b. 27 Jan 1795 in Lyman NH. The line goes
> back to James George who came over from England in the early 1640s, and
> contains two other earlier Moses Georges (no Amos' Gideons or Johns
> however). Many of the family members lived in Essex Massachusetts. Not
> sure if there are any possible connections

Jonathan --

Can you give me the names of the parents, wife, and children of your Moses
George 2nd? This has been a very frustrating line for me to work on --
everything almost (but not quite) matches what other researchers have! My
gut instinct tells me there must be a tie-in somewhere, but I cannot pin it
down.

Although most of my Georges apparently lived around Haverhill in Essex
County, Massachusetts, I know there is a New Hampshire connection -- the
source for my information on the families of John and Gideon George is a book
entitled Memorial History of Hampstead, New Hampshire. I have not personally
seen this book, but Hampstead is located only a little north of Haverhill, on
the road up to Manchester. Also, Gideon George's wife, Elizabeth Jewett, was
born in Bradford, New Hampshire (west of Concord), as was their son William.
However, I don't have anyone from Lyman (which is way up in the north part of
the state, due east of Montpelier, Vermont).

I figure if I keep prowling around this line long enough, something is bound
to turn up!

Guy I. Colby IV
Irving, TX

This thread: