GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 2007-12 > 1197307496

Subject: Re: [GEORGE] Parents and Family of Wesley Calvin GEORGE (1840-1922)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:24:56 -0500

I have as great-great-great grandfather whose name on his gravestone is also written Georg (first name Jonathon). He was born about 1798 (possibly in Germany) and lived in Columbia County, PA, for all his life. He died in 1860. I have been unable to find out for sure where he came from in Germany or when he arrived here. SOme census data lists him as being born in PA, so perhaps it was his father who came from Germany. Jennifer