GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 2008-02 > 1201916634

From: "J McIntyre" <>
Subject: Re: [GEORGE] Nicholas GEORGE 1625-1636
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 17:43:54 -0800

Hi Sandy,

I hope I can help a little. You have two different lines combined.
I've separated them below for you. Now you have to decide which one is
yours. Mine is the John GEORGE line.

Regards,
Judy

The Nicholas GEORGE Line:
*************************
Nicholas GEORGE, tavernkeeper, and the emigrant ancestor, was born in England
about 1600. He died about February 1675/6 in Dorchester, MA. His wife
was Elizabeth.

His son Nicholas, mariner, was born in England about 1636. He died
about 1667 in
Gambia, West Africa. His wife was Abigail.

John, merchant, selectman, constable, was the son of Nicholas. He was
born in Charlestown, MA, July 4, 1665. He died in Boston, MA, November
20, 1714. His wife was Lydia Lee.

The only child of John and Lydia (Lee) GEORGE was Katherine. Katherine
was born in Boston, MA, May 27, 1692. She was living in Boston, MA in
1757.

The John GEORGE Line:
*********************
John GEORGE was born about 1675 in England. He died February 29, 1716
in Haverhill, MA. His wife was Ann SWADDOCK.

John Swaddock GEORGE, was born December 15, 1702 In Haverhill, MA and
died July 28, 1785 in Haverhill, MA. His wife was Alice ROBINSON.

John GEORGE was born October 12, 1729 in Haverhill, MA. He died after
October 1798 in NH. His wife was Susanna DOW.

Austin GEORGE was born about 1755 in Amesbury, MA and died January 15,
1817 in NH. His wife was Lydia GEORGE.

Levi GEORGE was born about 1786 in NH and died May 10, 1830 in NY. His
wife was Lucy BAILEY

George Washington GEORGE was born about 1810 in NH and was living in
NY in 1865. His wife was Jennette ROLPH.

Irving GEORGE was born July 27, 1843 in NY and died August 10, 1921 in
MI. His wife was Josephine Cornelia HERRICK.

On 2/1/08, Sandy Vincent <> wrote:
> Help! I am looking for any information on my ancestor Nicholas GEORGE born
> between 1625 and 1636 I have that he died is Guinea Nimba, West Africa and
> married a woman named Abigail. His father was also named Nicholas born 12
> Feb 1598. I descend from him to John George born 4 July 1665-28 died Feb
> 1714 in Haverhill, MA; John Swaddock George born 15 December 1702 died 18
> October 1723; Austin born 1755 in Albany. New York; George Washington George
> born 1810 in New Hampshire and Irving George 27 July 1842 and died in 10
> August 1921 in Vassar Michigan. Any information on this family would be
> great I am especially interested in the wives families.
> George Washington George was married to Hannah Jeannette Rolph of which I
> can find nothing or death info on him. Help is there anyone out there in
> this family line?
> Thank you
> Sandy

This thread: