GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 2008-03 > 1204411357

From: "Dafydd" <>
Subject: Re: [GEORGE] Mary George abt 1735 Pennsylvania/ Maryland
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 11:42:37 +1300

-----Original Message-----
From: [mailto:] On
Behalf Of James George
Sent: Sunday, 2 March 2008 9:37 a.m.

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Dafydd <> wrote:

> [...]

That is an understatement. It is especially frustrating when you have a
common first name to go with the George surname. Thus, my Henry George of
Londonderry County, Ireland, returns thousands upon thousands of Henries or
of Georges, but rarely the two together.

You're lucky. My gr. grandfather and his father were called George George.

Naming systems go back to village societies where everyone was known to
everyone else.

David George.

Thanking his lucky stars that his forebear wasn't a smith.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
6:32 p.m.

This thread: