GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 2008-09 > 1220403323

From: Marty Grant <>
Subject: Re: [GEORGE] GEORGE fam of late 1700s Greenbrier Co, WV
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 20:55:23 -0400

Hi Barbara,

You could be absolutely correct about who the John and Nicholas were in
that importation record.

For my book I was sorely tempted to do more than just a short chapter on
the Georges of Lancaster Co., VA, but there just wasn't room to do any
justice to that extensive family. Nicholas George needs his own book!

I would like to do a general "George Families of Virginia" book someday.
It would cover all that can be found on the early (pre-1850) Georges in
that state. It could be a useful resource to many George researchers. It
would be quite a job though. It isn't in the cards anytime soon though.
Of course a book like that would need companion volumes such as Georges
of North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky. etc. Could turn
into a multi volume epic.

Marty Grant (Marvin A. Grant, Jr.)
email:
web: http://www.martygrant.com

> [...]