GEORGE-L ArchivesArchiver > GEORGE > 2008-09 > 1220537551
Subject: Re: [GEORGE] German Georges
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 10:12:31 -0400
I am searching for German Georges in PA, one of whom is Jonathan George (or possibly Johan Georg). My Jonathan George was born somewhere around 1798 (I think) and lived in Columbia County, PA, in later years. I'm not sure where he was born, but he could have been from Lancaster Co. since it is very close to Columbia Co., especially during those years. Where did you get the information you have listed here? Could you share?
Jennifer (George) Maybin
Sent: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 8:43 am
Subject: [GEORGE] German Georges
After years of dead end, I recently stumbled on to a German George family with
all the right names and dates, now, does anyone have naturalization records, or
marrage and/or birth records from Pa.? Also, does anyone know how to get info
from German records?
1. Johanne Heinrich Georg b 13 Nov 1749 Herborn, Nassua, Germany
d 26 May 1835 Lebanon Co. Pa.
m 1770's Lancaster Co. Pa.
Anna Maria Fried (Fritz) b 19 Jun 1746 Heidelburg, Lebanon Co. Pa.
2. Heinrich (Henry) George b 29 Sep 1774 Lancaster Co. Pa.
Elisabeth Reiswig b. 21 May 1766 Moore, Pa. d. 30 Dec 1857 Bath,
3. Daniel Henry George b. 17 Jun 1793 Williamsport, Lycoming Co.
d. 24 Oct 1865 Brady Twp.
Lycoming Co. Pa.
2. Johann (John) George b. 12 Dec 1773 Lancaster Co. Pa.
2. Maria Magdalena George b. 25 Nov 1791 Lycoming Co. Pa.
2. Louise George b. 11 May 1809
* Last in my line that I feel sure of, the rest fits but still seems a little
Thanks for an information, Michael George
To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of