GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 2008-09 > 1220725768

From: Denise Meador <>
Subject: Re: [GEORGE] Henry George Sr.
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 11:29:28 -0700 (PDT)

I don't have any further information on Henry George, Sr., but do have information on Henry George, Jr. and his descendents.

I'm involved in researching the Reiswig family. My line is from Elizabeth Reiswig's uncle, Conrad Reiswig.

What is your source for the marriage between Henry Jr. and Elizabeth Reiswig for 1799 in Amwell Twp., Hunterdon, NJ??

This date doesn't sound right as I have copies of extracted church records which are dated earlier than 1799. Salem Reformed and Lutheran Church in Moorestown, PA

earliest child found
John George, born 14 Apr 1786, bapt 7 May 1786, sponsors Johannes and Catarina REISWIG

see my Reiswig family database at
http://www.gencircles.com/users/deenecer/1/data/789

The manuscript pt "Frey, George, Glass, Reiswick Genealogies" by Horatio Gates Shull, Easton, PA, 1929...
shows the father to Henry George (born 1766) as Conrad George and Susan Knauer (Gnauer)

I have heard from another researcher that this manuscript is likely wrong as this is a different Conrad George.
Here is a tree with information on this George family

http://www.gencircles.com/users/csmlilly/1/data/827