GEORGE-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGE > 2008-09 > 1220769127

From: Denise Meador <>
Subject: Re: [GEORGE] Jonathan George of Columbia Co., PA
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 23:32:07 -0700 (PDT)

Jennifer,

I started to write this email, and then accidentally sent it before done, so I apologize if this information is copying part of my previous email.

I would start with Jonathan's obituary and then work your way back. Columbia County historical society in Bloomsburg has an online index of some obituaries and there is one listed for Jonathon George. It only costs about $3 to get a copy.

http://www.colcohist-gensoc.org/mysql/deathdisplay.php?varname=george%2C+jo&varpaper=%25

They also have a surname file for the surname George. This is where they have tried to gather some various resources or lists of researchers for this surname. The cost for this is based on the number of pages they have in the file.

www.google.com has an option to look at some books online. Here is one on the history of Columbia Co., PA

http://books.google.com/books?id=2EkVAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA1029&dq=jonathan+george+columbia

Historical and Biographical Annals of Columbia and Montour Counties, Pennsylvania, Containing a Concise History of the Two Counties and a Genealogical and Biographical Record of Representative Families ...: In Two Volumes, Illustrated.
Published by J. H. Beers & co., 1915
Page 1029, Jonathan George

Hope this helps,
Denise

Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 14:37:34 +0000

> I am searching for German Georges in PA, one of whom is Jonathan George (or
> possibly Johan Georg). My Jonathan George was born somewhere around 1798 (I
> think) and lived in Columbia County, PA, in later years. I'm not sure where he
> was born, but he could have been from Lancaster Co. since it is very close to
> Columbia Co., especially during those years. Where did you get the information
> you have listed here? Could you share?
>
> Jennifer (George) Maybin

This thread: