GEORGIA-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGIA > 1997-10 > 0875754321

From: Blendia Nawrocki <>
Subject: Rolin/Davis Laurens County, GA
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 21:05:21 -0400

Hi Rooters,

I need help finding the parents of Miss Anne DAVIS and Tillman ROLIN. They
were married 7 Jul 1842 in Laurens Co., GA. Anne was born GA, 21 Oct 1820,
died 28 Aug 1914 Mitchell CO, GA. Tillman was born GA, 20 Oct 1810, died
28 Mar 1898 Mitchell Co., GA. I have found Tillman's name with many
variations. Tillman ROLIN appeared on a list of persons making application
for bounty Lands based on their service in military campaigns. This
candidate stated that he had served in the Creek Campaign of 1836. The
Tillman ROLIN family had moved to Thomas County, GA by 1860 and on to
Mitchell Co. by 1890.

Laurens County Info:
The following ROWLAND persons were eligible from Captain Adams Jones
District 1819, Sarah ROWLAND, widow and John and James ROWLAND. I did not
find any with the spelling of ROLIN.

Abner DAVIS bought land in Laurens Co. as early as 1809. John DAVIS
married Sophia LOMAX 24 Dec 1809, Laurens Co. Other DAVIS men living in
Laurens Co. about the time Anne was born were John B,. Thomas, Zion and
William. I do not know if any were related.

Children of Tillman and Anne DAVIS ROLIN
1. Laura Ann b. 24 Mar 1841, Laurens d. 31 Oct 1930, b. Harmony Cemetery,
Cotton, Mitchell,GA, m. Jack STRICKLAND probably Thomas Co, GA.
2. William m. Susan CARLTON, Thomas Co
3. Elizabeth,b. ca.1846 Laurens Co,GA m, Thomas Braswell 19 Dec
1878,Thomas Co.
4. Rachel, b. ca 1849 Laurens Co,GA
5. Mary, b. ca 1852 Laurens Co,GA
6. John, b ca 1854 Laurens Co, GA,d. 4 Nov 1902 b. Harmony Cemetery,
Mitchell,GA, m. Mary E. Alligood, 19 Dec 1878, Thomas Co, GA
7. Amous Tillman, b ca. 1856
8. Charles, b ca. 1859
9. Roxie, b. 20 Aug 1863, Thomas Co, GA, d. 7 Feb 1919, bu. Harmony
Cemetery, Cotton, Mitchell,GA, m. Jackson ALLIGOOD

Blendia

Blendia Email
URL http://www.nac.net/~users/nawrock

This thread: