GEORGIA-L Archives

Archiver > GEORGIA > 2008-02 > 1203122151

From: ShaniFaye <>
Subject: [GEORGIA] Roads in Ellenwood in 1920
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:35:51 -0500

I am trying to figure out a location on the map for the 1920 census in
Ellenwood. The family I am tracing was in district 67 which according to
the census description was Militia District 1406, Ellenwood including Rex
town; it shows the family lived on Covington Road and the two roads on the
pages on either side of my family are Decatur Road and Panola Road. Now I
know where Panola is....I cannont find Covington or Decatur Road in
Ellenwood....I know where Covington Hwy is and its way to far north (and in
another county) I dont know if Decatur Rd refers to Hwy 29 or Hwy 78 but in
either case, neither are in Clayton now, that I can find. I'm *guessing*
that since Rex was included it was somewhere near where Rex Rd and Panola
road are....and my mind is thinking...could it be what is Ellenwood road
now.

Anyone either know where I can find a county map from 1920, my googling
hasnt brought up one, or have first hand knowledge of what the area of
Covington Rd and Decatur Rd and Panola Rd is now?

Shannon

--
Do you love genealogy? Do you have a brick wall? Do you have info you
could share with others who might be researching your family...or are you