GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2006-08 > 1156343852

From: "Aida Kraus" <>
Subject: Re: [GERMAN-BOHEMIAN] Sudeten tracht
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:37:32 -0700

The "Egerländer," a restaurant, is situated up on the hill at Marienbad
offering a beautiful view to the visitors. And even after the Germans were
expelled, the Czechs retained that typical Fachwerk (like Tudor) building
and the folk art of our people contained therein.
However, the question posed by Carol was about the Moravian tracht,
which is entirely different from the Egerlaender tracht, and Karen is indeed
far more knowledgeable in this and will give you expert advice. She has
given seminars on Trachts of our German Bohemian homeland in the past and
she will hold another seminar in Fall. When this is finalized, Karen,
please post the date and place of your presentation here on the list.
Aida