GERMAN-BOHEMIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-BOHEMIAN > 2011-02 > 1297370283

From: Aida Kraus <>
Subject: Re: [GERMAN-BOHEMIAN] Parish Records - Fraissen and Hausler
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:38:03 -0800

You were right, Blanka, I happen to find in my Bilz Natural Healing Tome of
1938 a reference to "Fraisen". It is also described as "Eklampsie, Fraisen,
Gefraisch," which is a cramp, or convulsion. Obviously in the Egerländer
dialect Frieseln "Fräissen" were pronounced similarly, but "Fraisen" (one S)
is also a separate illness.
Aida