GERMAN-CANADIAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-CANADIAN > 1998-09 > 0907126805

From: <>
Subject: Goss(e) Family of Newfoundland
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 23:40:05 EDT

Good evening:

I am searching form information on the GOSS or GOSSE family and its ancestors
- I am not certain if the family is of German origin, but I have been told
that it may be.

Richard GOSSE married Catherine SHEPPARD (?) on Dec. 26, 1809. They had a son
William GOSSE born July 12, 1829 in Spaniard's Bay. He married Sarah THORNE,
also born in Spaniard's Bay.

A son of Williar and Sarah, Richard GOSSE, born June 22 1869 in Conception
Bay, Newfoundland, married Jessie CRANE, botn 1873 also on Island Conception.

Any help someone can give as to this family and its ancestors and origins
would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks.

The Rev. Wayne Dean Sr.

This thread: