GERMAN-GENEALOGY-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-GENEALOGY > 2005-04 > 1112490641

From: "Don Watson" <>
Subject: Re: [Ger-Gen] Surname MIESTERFELD / MEISTERFELD
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 19:10:41 -0600

Miesterfeld (MEEsterfeld) is found in the east, including areas now in
Poland. Meisterfeld (MYsterfeld) is found northwest, and west central. The
German telephone directory, http://members.cox.net/hessen/telephones.htm,
reveals that there are Miesterfeld families living in 15324 Letschin. I'd
give them a telephone call. IMHO their predecessors came from Poland.

:-)
Don