GERMAN-SURNAMES-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-SURNAMES > 2002-02 > 1014078240

From: "Jo Ellen Dalton" <>
Subject: [GERMAN-SURNAMES] Surname info: KUHN
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:29:13 -0500

Hello,
Would those who do lookups ever so kindly check out the following for me?

I have a copy of a Release Certificate dated 27 April 1886 whereby the Royal Prussian Government in Trier releases the following from Prussian citizenship for the purpose of emigration within 6 months to the State of Ohio in North America:
1. Nikolaus KUHN, 37 year old factory worker from Wallerfangen, District of Saarlouis
2. His wife Catharina KUHN, nee SCHUMACHER
3. Minor children under their father's guardianship:
Anna KUHN born 4 Juli 1872
Adam KUHN born 15 May 1874
Mathias KUHN born 23 March 1877
Catharina KUHN born 7 Dec 1880

In case the lookups prove fruitless, is there a port that this family would most likely have emigrated from?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can provide information. The generosity and helpfulness of this list far exceeds what I've seen on some of the other lists I am on. What a wonderful group!!

Thanks again,
Jo Ellen