GERMAN-SURNAMES-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-SURNAMES > 2004-11 > 1099387310

From: "D & A Williams" <>
Subject: Fw: Marks/Marx
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 22:21:59 +1300

I would like to make contact with anyone who may have any information regarding the following family or tell me which mailing list would be the most appropriate for me to subscribe to.

The family I am looking for is made up of: Johann Ludwig MARX/MARKS (my maternal great-grandfather) who was born on 25 Feb 1846 (his birth was registered in the Protestant Church of Gramsdorf, Germany) and his parents - Samuel August and Elizabeth (nee DRAEGAR) MARX/MARKS. A variation of Johann's name is John Louis MARKS and there may be other variations. I would also be interested in any information about Johann's wife, Augusta MYERS. Johann and Augusta were married on 30 July 1872 in Germany. Sometime between this date and 18 August 1891 (when my grandfather and great-aunt (twins) were born in Invercargill, New Zealand), Johann and Augusta travelled to New Zealand. I would be interested in any information regarding their departure from Germany and subsequent arrival in New Zealand along with any information regarding possible siblings of Johann, or any of the others named.

I look forward to any information you may be able to provide and thank you in advance for any assistance given.

Adele & David Williams in New Plymouth

Researching:
PRENTICE: Oxfordshire & Warkwickshire; New Plymouth, NZ
JACKLIN: Lincolnshire; New Plymouth, NZ
MARX/KS: Germany; Invercargill, NZ
MCCUTCHEON: Wellington, NZ
WILLIAMS: Rangitikei & Taranaki, NZ
ROLLAND: USA (?New Orleans); Birmingham; Wellington & Taranaki, NZ
SAUNDERS: Lambeth, England; Hawera & Opunake, NZ
BEAVIS: Langley, Iver, Eton, Bucks

This thread: