GERMAN-SURNAMES-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-SURNAMES > 2004-11 > 1101829485

Subject: Re: [Ger-Sur] German's to America (FRANZ)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:44:45 +0000

I have a Jacob Franz, b ~1822 in Bavaria, m ~1842 in Bavaria to Margaret Koestner, b ~1822 in Bavaria. Jacob and Margaret had a daughter, Karolena/Caroline Joanna Franz, b 19 Aug 1845 in Heinersberg, Bavaria, d 2 May 1924 in Muskogee, Muskogee, OK. Karolena m 19 Aug 1866 in Brooklyn, NY to Ludwig Kernek, b 24 Jul 1824 in Pausa, Prussia, d 16 Jul 1897 in Gatewood, Ripley, MO. Ludwig and Karolena had a son, John Franz Kernek, aka George Franz Kernek, b 12 Jan 1878 in Brooklyn, NY, d 2 beb 1921 in Holderville, Hughes, OK. John is my great-grandfather on my Mother's side.

Any info on Jacob Franz or Margaret Koestner (probably) from the Heinersberg, Bavaria area would be greatly apprecieated!

Eric Husted Binker
520-603-5114