GERMAN-SURNAMES-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-SURNAMES > 2005-02 > 1109311704

From: "Collette LaRocque-Zetterberg" <>
Subject: Re: [Ger-Sur] Re: Hildebrandt
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:23:51 -0800

Katharina,

Wingerode is about 30 minutes or so from Goettingen. I'm not sure exactly
where the lines are drawn, but my mother is from Wingerode and she says she
is from Thuringia. Perhaps between these 2 towns is the line for
Niedersachsen and Thuringia.

I was using Goettingen as a reference point as it is the nearest fairly
large town.

Collette