GERMAN-TEXAN-L Archives

Archiver > GERMAN-TEXAN > 2007-06 > 1182999506

From: Bob Battaglia <>
Subject: Re: [GERMAN-TEXAN] Our Heritage Quarterly - SAGHC
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:58:26 -0500

At 12:22 PM 6/27/2007, Sarah wrote:
> >>Mrs. R. B. Battaglia and I were co-editors of the Our Heritage Quarterly
> >>during the late 60's and early 70's. She has been deceased now for
> >>several years. Our Heritage is the quarterly for the San Antonio
> >>Genalogical and Historical Society.
>
>Thanks Bob, that's an excellent publication filled with a great deal of
>German-Texans, and a LOT of hard work! Do they have any kind of Master
>Index anywhere online or off?

Hey Sarah! Thanks for the recognition - it was lots of work and I'm
sure it still is today. I think all your questions otherwise have
been answered. I knew if I sat around and didn't answer your
question on the index, you would get it solved. But really I just
got back on the "air" so you didn't give me enough time.

I was wondering if the Australia birth on the census could have been
bad handwriting that really was "Austria" or even mis-pronounced by
the person being "censused"or misunderstood by the census
taker...........ad infinitum.

Good to see you on the air again.

Bob

This thread: