GERMANNA_COLONIES-L Archives

Archiver > GERMANNA_COLONIES > 2000-02 > 0950793804

From: Conquest Music <>
Subject: Re: [GERMANNA] (821)Germanna Colonies, History of
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:23:24 +0000

Hi John
Could the other name variations for Sauter be closer to Sauer or Sower?
I have a Johan Phillip Sauer
as a ggggg grandfather. I do understand that the Sauer name is very
common in Germany. Although
there must have been a Sauer in Schwaigern or close by as my notes say
that Hans Jerg Hoffarth b 1674
Schwaigern married Margaretha Most, daughter of Marx Most and Susanna Sauer.

I also wondered if you could say that Schwaigern is in Neckarkreis in
Wurttemberg? I have been told
that the county or district of Neckarkreis was located on the west of
Stuttgart but simply can't find any
maps to show the location. I did see once Schwaigern written
..........Schwaigern, Neckar, Wurttemberg
and thought Neckar might be short for Neckarkreis.
Thanks much
Stephanie