GERMANNA_COLONIES-L Archives

Archiver > GERMANNA_COLONIES > 2009-08 > 1249691528

From: J Palermo <>
Subject: Re: [GERMANNA] Interested in Yager/Yeager, too
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 19:32:08 -0500

Betty,

It is very interesting that you wrote Carr/Kerr for Jemima's second
husbands name. I have researched Jemima's "second family" and so far
in census, and other written documents we have only seen the name
spelled Kerr......... but I believe it is possible that it may have
been pronounced CARR. He was Scottish. Do you have other information
about the name or its pronunciation?

Judy