GILL-L Archives

Archiver > GILL > 2000-06 > 0960768326

From: "Janice M. Parker" <>
Subject: RE: [GILL-L] Name +Date +location. Suggested Subject line format
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 20:05:26 -0400

I access the archives of alot of mail lists that I do not belong to. There
is nothing worse then coming upon an e-mail that says roll call. I think
Laurie is right. It is so simple to put John Gill b Pa. 1750. That is just
common courtesy. I belong to 15 different lists and some days that generates
alot of mail. If I have John Gill b 1750 in Pa I don't want to read about
George Gill born 1899 in Ga. While I am complaining... I don't think anyone
on this list does this, but there are people that have taglines, where they
list all of the families they are researching... that messes up my access to
the archives of the mail-list. Most lists forbid this but some do not.

Jan Parker