GILLESPIE-L Archives

Archiver > GILLESPIE > 2007-04 > 1175451346

From: John McCarty <>
Subject: [Gillespie] 3 Rev. George GILLESPIEs
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 11:15:46 -0700 (PDT)

<I found this information in the "Rock Presbyterian Church History" located
<in Cecil County, Maryland and was wondering if anyone can tell me anything
<about this George Gillespie. Who are his children? ~ Gloria

The Rev. George Gillespie is my 8ggrandfather. He comes from a long line of Scotch
Presbyterian ministers. There is information available on this line at these sites:

http://awt.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:2516353&id=I156832&ti=5538
http://www.donegalpresbyterianchurch.org/Index2.html

The first reference credits him with seven children: Patrick, George, Robert,
James, Allen, Ellen, and Sarah. I descend from his son Robert. Robert was married
in Chester County, PA, and his son John was born in lincoln County, NC. John's son
Samuel (b. 1758, Lincoln County, NC) was the father of Rachel Jane Gillespie (b.
abt 1782, NC) who married William A. Allen in Lawrence County, IN.

A Rev. George Gillespie (b. 1613, Perth, Scotland, d. 1646/1648, Scotland) was the
father of Rev. George Gillespie (b. 1644), who had a son, Rev. George Gillespie (b.
1683, Glascow, d. 1760, DE, US) and it easy to scramble these three.

John McCarty

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time