GILMORE-L Archives

Archiver > GILMORE > 1999-10 > 0939232344

From: "Nell Gilmer" <>
Subject: Re: Fw: Gilmore Connections
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:52:24 -0500

What I have on this John Gilmore is as follows:

John Gilmore, born 1710-1720. First found in Albemarle, Va 1746; believed
to have migrated from Lancaster, Pa. Moved with family to Cumberland
County, North Carolina in 1750's, along with the John Herd family. Married
to Jane Herd, who was born 1720-1725. Some of his sons are listed as:

Samuel Gilmore, born Mar 22, 1748, died Mar 18, 1800
John Gilmore, Jr, born ca 1759
Humphrey Gilmore, Sr , born Apr 10, 1751 in Va, married Catherine Wiley Dec
13, 1772. Became a Methodist Minister, ordained by Francis Asbury in Augusta
Ga in 1801.

James Gilmore, born 1755, died Wilkes Co Ga?, married Mary (Polly) Hughes ca
1780 in Washington Co., Ga.

George Gilmore, born Va ca (?). Married (?) Wiley, daughter of William
Wiley

Huriah Gilmore

Does anyone know if Stephen GILMORE, prominent citizen of early Cumberland
County, who died in 1816 in Cumberland County (his will is in the NC State
Archives in Raleigh, NC), was a member of this family?

Freda, do you have anything else on this family?

Jim Gilmer