GILMORE-L Archives

Archiver > GILMORE > 2000-03 > 0952379396

From: Sonja Phipps <>
Subject: D. M. Gilmore of S.C.
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 16:49:56 -0500

I have posted this before but am doing again in case some new members might
can help me with my elusive Gilmore. D. M. Gilmore or D. Miles Gilmore b.
abt. 1821 d. unknown. I have conflicting information about his origins. It
was passed down that he came from Ireland and stepped off the ship either
in Wilmington, N.C. or somewhere in N.Y. He left his family in Horry
County, S.C. after having an altercation with another man in which he used
his knife and made no contact with them afterwards. It was rumored that
this was not the first time this happened. If you have any suggestions or
information, it would be greatly appreciated, Sonja Phipps
http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/p/h/i/Sonja-R-Phipp

This thread: