GIST-L Archives

Archiver > GIST > 2002-10 > 1034710359

Subject: Thomas Gest & all
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:32:39 EDT

Hi everyone,
Thank you for helping out.

I do not know if Thomas Gist/Gest died between 1825-1830 or if he
deserted Nancy (Roney) Guest. I do not know the son's name b. c. 1823-25
However, Harriett Guess/Guest was born approximately 1818 (she is his only
sibling) some census records say TN, one says Alabama. I know that they show
up in Memphis in 1841 when Harriett marries David B. Brown (prob son of John
Brown and Mary Black md. Lawrence Co., AL; Dec. 23, 1820)
Harriett reared Nancy Looney , which leads me to believe that her
Guess/Guest/Gist line is related to or connected to the Moses Guest family in
some way. Also, David Brown's siblings married McNutts. His sister Orlena
md. Thomas McNutt, and there is a Christopher Guest who married Mary McNutt
( Christopher died in Old Hancock, AL, his daughter Sarah was born in 1838 in
Lawrence Co., AL).
Powell Brown (b. GA, lived in TN and AL) was a relative of some kind
(assumed because he moves near the rest of our family in Lawrence Co.
Arkansas by 1860). He married
Sarah Buchannan in Jackson Co. Alabama or Marion Co. TN.

Well, tell me what you make of all this and let me know. Thanks
Carla Davenport

This thread: