GIST-L Archives

Archiver > GIST > 2002-10 > 1034914862

From: "Rex Bertram" <>
Subject: Great census tool
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 23:21:32 -0500

Hi all. Recently I found an excellent form for tracking your ancestor over the various census years. It allows you to track a family in each census year and keeps it organized for you. This is an Excel document. If you have Excel and would like the census tracker, let me know and I'll email it to you. Tracking an ancestor through the census can be very helpful. I am working on a tracker form for each of the GIST's who were in Jackson Co., AL in 1840. I began with a census tracker sheet on each of them for 1840 and am attempting to track them in each census year. This proved very helpful for me on the Jesse GIST I have discussed some over the past couple of days.

If you don't have Excel, and would like a copy of the 3 page form, let me know and I'll snail mail one to you. If I need to mail you one, I would request that you send me one dollar to cover postage and copy cost. When you get the copy from me, you can simply make as many copies as you want. If you have Excel, I will email the file and you can print as many as you want as you need them. You can also simply enter the data into the Excel sheet since this was designed as an Excel document, but I prefer to print them out blank and write the data in. This makes it much easier (in my opinion) to review.

If you want me to snail mail a copy, just let me know. I'll get it sent out right away and will trust you to put a dollar in the mail.

Rex Bertram
PO Box 651
Redkey, IN 47373

I do Free Genealogy Look-ups from many sources.
Check out my web page.
http://www.angelfire.com/in4/genealogyhelp/lookup.html