GIST-L Archives

Archiver > GIST > 2002-10 > 1035047491

From: "Raymond Gist" <>
Subject: Andrew Gist
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 12:11:31 -0500

Hi to everyone, I have come across an Andrew Gess that in the Tennessee
1880 census is in Franklin county, TN. Andrew was born about 1840 and I
noticed that he had several children but they weren't all born in TN but GA
and Alabama as well. What I'm getting at is this guy seemed to move around
a bit. I noticed some what of a pattern that most of our Gist ancestors
lived in counties that border the Tennessee river. I believe that Richard
Gist lived in the Scottsboro area of Ala. I can't say that I blame them
though because to the west was the Cumberland Plateau and to the east was
the Appalachian mountains both would have made for rough traveling back in
the 1800's unless you were on foot or horseback. I am like some of the rest
of you and would like to know why they moved from TN to GA to Ala. etc. so
much.

Raymond

This thread: