GIST-L Archives

Archiver > GIST > 2002-10 > 1035411448

From: Christi <>
Subject: FW: my Hardy-Gist ancestors
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:16:53 -0700

I am forwarding this email with permission from Fran, who descends from
Hannah Gist. If anyone has any additional information to share on her, her
ancestry, or her Hardy husband, we'd sure appreciate it
I already have a Gist connection in my ggg.grandfather, "James Harve Gist",
born 1836 in Wayne Co. KY., who moved to AL., about 1855 and married Nancy
Jane Pace, a close neighbor to Christopher Gist of Old Hancock Co., at the
time.
I believe James's father was Aaron Gist, found on the 1850 Whitley Co. KY.,
census, showing his birth in TN., c1800, and that Aaron was likely a brother
to Christopher, also showing TN., as his state of birth not long afterwards.

I also have a Hardy connection, but it's from Bertie and Hertford Co.'s in
NC., in the mid-1700's, so I don't think we connect to same Hardy
generation, but would like to see if our Gist lines hook up somehow, or to
at least give Fran a help with hers.

Appreciate anything on Hannah and hers....
Thanks!
Christi C. Partee