GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2001-05 > 0990359039

Subject: The Valleys
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 07:43:59 EDT

In a message dated 5/19/2001 6:19:49 PM GMT Daylight Time, GWALRAVEN writes:

<< Thanks for the map. I had checked the internet, but not AOL -- for once
it came through better than the internet. Is the whole Rhondda area (per
your map) actually in a valley? Or is there a Rhonda Valley and the
surrounding area is called Rhondda? Sorry for all the questions, I've just
always been curious and haven't found an answer. I looked up topographical
maps on the internet, but couldn't find one that answered the question.

Also, my husband's family is from Merthyr, but lived also on a farm in
Aberdare. I see that Aberdare is on your Rhondda map... is Merthyr also
considered part of that valley? I've found maps showing the Cynon Valley,
which seems to include Aberdare and Merthyr. How do the 2 valleys relate?
Are they adjacent, or parts of the same valley?

Can somebody help me with this! Can't for the life of me explain it, perhaps
somebody on this wonderful list can put into words better than my efforts
earlier!!!

All suggestions, answers etc much appreciated.

Griff
P.S: Its for Gail of San Diego (GWALRAVEN)

This thread: