GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2001-05 > 0990641626

Subject: St. Mary's Church, Swansea
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 14:13:46 EDT

Hi List

I wonder if anyone can tell me when St. Mary's Church, Swansea was first
built. I have a copy of the entry into the marriage register of my
Gt.gt.grandfather John austin to Eliza James on 29th October, 1833.

Someone wrote to me that this church was not built at that time so can anyone
confirm or deny this. I don't think the Glamorgan Archives would have had a
copy of the register unless the church was in use.

Can anyone give me the date it was opened. I am coming to Swansea next
weekend so I would be pleased to know the answer.

Regards

JUDY.

This thread: