Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2001-05 > 0991011047

From: "dwg993" <>
Subject: Re: USA Currency
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 01:50:47 +0100
References: <000f01c0e6d8$6b4ce5e0$cb7f6bd5@k8t1x6> <01d901c0e6db$75c8e3e0$869175c2@user>

For a small amount such as this, could you not get the sender to send the
equivalent amount of IRC's?
They can be purchased in post offices, then the UK receiver can cash them in
this end.
They used to be about 1$ each or 60p UK.
I have not used them recently but you could enquire in the post office of
the current status.
---- Original Message -----
From: Ron O'Neill <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2001 7:33 PM
Subject: Re: USA Currency

Hi Jan, £6-50 is equal to $9.25 cents but if she sends you a cheque for that
amount the bank will charge you at least half of it to verify & convert the
cheque to pounds. I hope someone can offer a solution to your problem.
Kind regards, Ron O'Neill

----- Original Message -----
From: "markandjanboyes" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2001 7:11 PM
Subject: USA Currency

> Hi,
> I have just made contact with a descendent of one of my Ancestors. I live
in England & she lives in USA.
> I have offered to help her out by applying for a Marriage Certificate. I
know that it costs £6.50, but she wants to pay for it - the problem is - how
much is £6.50 in USA money? And she wants to know how to pay me, cheque or
whatever. I have never travelled abroad, so I have no idea how things work!
> Any help appreciated.
> Thanks
> Jan.
> ==== GLAMORGAN Mailing List ====
> Visit the Glamorgan page of the Online Family History Fair at
> This Mailing List is Independent of all Family History Societies

==== GLAMORGAN Mailing List ====
Glamorgan Family History Society:
This Mailing List is Independent of all Family History Societies

This thread: