GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2001-08 > 0997214651

From: "Sue Griffin" <>
Subject: Re: Cardiff birth
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 21:04:11 +0100

Hi Mike

I've had a look on the 1881 census for your Mary Eaton and there are none
listed as being born in Cardiff who were living in Wales in 1881. I've
listed the ones that do appear in case one of them is yours!

I only checked the Wales CD, if you think there's a chance that she may have
been living elsewhere in GB in 1881 let me know and I'll have a look for her
on the National Index.

Best of Luck
Sue =:>)

Dwelling: 20 Fynone St
Census Place: Swansea Lower, Glamorgan, Wales
Source: FHL Film 1342293 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 5363 Folio 44 Page
33
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
William JENKINS M 61 M Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales
Rel: Head
Occ: Builder
Anne E. JENKINS M 58 F N Castle Emlyn, Carmarthen, Wales
Rel: Wife
Occ: Builder Wife
Mary A. EATON U 19 F Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales
Rel: Serv
Occ: Genl Domestic Serv

Dwelling: Penygraig Road
Census Place: Swansea Town, Glamorgan, Wales
Source: FHL Film 1342292 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 5361 Folio 106
Page 34
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
John MITCHELL M 44 M Tewkesburry
Rel: Head
Occ: Gardener
Elizth. Jane MITCHELL M 38 F Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales
Rel: Wife
Elizth. MITCHELL 18 F Ystradgynlais, Brecknock, Wales
Rel: Dau
Occ: Dressmaker
Geo. T. MITCHELL 3 M Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales
Rel: Son
Mary Ann EATON U 19 F Gower, Glamorgan, Wales
Rel: Lodger
Occ: Dressmaker

Dwelling: Poor House
Census Place: Llanrhidian Lower, Glamorgan, Wales
Source: FHL Film 1342294 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 5369 Folio 11 Page
16
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
William EATON M 52 M Llanrhidian, Glamorgan, Wales
Rel: Head
Occ: Agricultural Labourer
Elizabeth EATON M 51 F Porteynon, Glamorgan, Wales
Rel: Wife
Mary EATON U 14 F Llanrhidian, Glamorgan, Wales
Rel: Daur
David EATON U 11 M Llanrhidian, Glamorgan, Wales
Rel: Son
Occ: Scholar

Dwelling: 4 Eaton Row
Census Place: Llanrhidian Higher, Glamorgan, Wales
Source: FHL Film 1342294 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 5368 Folio 62 Page
5
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Thomas EATON M 41 M Reynoldstone, Glamorgan, Wales
Rel: Head
Occ: (Iron) Furnace Man In Iron Wks
Jane EATON M 35 F Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan, Wales
Rel: Wife
Occ: Wife Of (Iron) Furnace Man In Iron Wks
Mary Ann EATON 13 F Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan, Wales
Rel: Daur
Occ: Scholar
Matthew Hy. EATON 11 M Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan, Wales
Rel: Son
Occ: Scholar
Margt. Jane EATON 8 F Treforrest, Glamorgan, Wales
Rel: Daur
Occ: Scholar
Eliz. Frances EATON 4 F Workington, Cumberland, England
Rel: Daur
Occ: Scholar
Thomas EATON 1 M Llanrhidian, Glamorgan, Wales
Rel: Son