GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2002-04 > 1018983976

From: "J S Coleman" <>
Subject: Re: [GLA] Re: GLAMORGAN-D Digest V02 #54
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:06:16 +0100

Hi Chris
Not forgotten!

No FISHER on Gowerton 1901 that I could find.

Two BURGESS families
Church Street Gowerton, ecclesiastical parish of Loughor , rural district
of Llangyfelach RG13/5086
Charlotte BURGESS wife M 45 b Glam Swansea
Ralph son 17 Tinworker b Glam Gowerton
Stephen son 15
Beatrice dau 12
Edward son 10
Stewart son 6
all children born Gowerton. Charlotte spoke both Welsh and English, the
children only English

Dunvant ( 2 houses before the start of Walters Terrace) RG13/5086 folio 35
Civil parish of Gowerton, ecclesiastical parish of Loughor

James BURGESS 46 Coal Miner Hewer b Glam Bishopston
Anne wife 44 b Glam LlandiloTalybont
John son 25 Coal Miner Hewer b Glam LlandiloTalybont
Sarah A daur 20 Dressmaker own account at home b Glam Swansea
Oliver T son 12 b Glam Loughor
Margaret daur 17 b Glam Swansea
All spoke both Welsh and English

If you send me your postal address off list I will send you the photocopies.

Jeff
Glam FHS 1287