GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2007-03 > 1175354269

From: Karen C <>
Subject: Re: [GLA] re BMD share information site
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 08:17:49 -0700 (PDT)

I did look through the site. It states "BMD Certificates are subject to copyright we are not allowed to hold or supply images of the certificates. However, as all the certificates have been bought, the owner can share the information on them without being in breach of the law." I wouldn't mind sharing but wondered if this statement is true, legally. I am not familiar with copyright laws.

I wrote the LDS before about transcribing records from a microfilm I had but was told to contact another department. I wrote that department and they said that they didn't own them either and would have to contact the owner of the record. I never got another response. I'll have to write them again.

Karen