GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2007-12 > 1199115159

Subject: [GLA] News Items of 1915 Issue Seventy ?
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:32:39 EST

Western Mail April /May 1915.

It is nice to be back with some News Items- I have been quite ill the last
month , but God Willing, on the mend.

DEATHS

AYLWIN- On 23rd at Brynawel, Llansamlet, Lynda St. Claire de Coetlogan, the
fondly loved daughter of Frederick W. and Margaret ALYWIN. Deeply Mourned.

LODWIG - On 24th, John David LODWIG, 71, Pueblo House, Brynhyfryd. Funeral
to Cwm Gelly Cemetery.

MORGAN - On 25th, at Warmley, Eversely-road, Sketty, William Edward Morgan
aged 75 years.

RICHARDS - Sarah Ann RICHARDS, dearly beloved wife of D. RICHARDS, Taff
Cottages, Sully, passed away Sat Ap 24, funeral leaving Sully for New Cemetery
Thursday 29th, at 2p.m.

IN MEMORIAM.

BARRETT - To the Ever Sacred and Affectionate Memory of my dear Husband -
George Isaac BARRETT, who passed away Ap 27th 1907(for many years Engineer and
Shipwright at East Bute Dock Cardiff).
Deeply mourned by Widow and Family.

EVANS - In Loving Memory of my Husband, J. Rees EVANS, who died April 27
1914, at 218 High-street Swansea.

Neath Soldier dies of wounds, Private A.W. CHAPMAN of 4,
Victoria-Gardens-road, Neath, formerly engaged at the Vale of Neath Brewery, wounded at in the
head in the second battle of Ypres, has succumbed to his injuries.
Deceased's widow Mrs. Sarah CHAPMAN and children reside at the above address.
Private CHAPMAN was in the 2nd Welsh.

Alfred NEWMAN, a Port Talbot lad, was fined 40.s. at Aberavon, for stealing
a bicycle valued at £5 the property of W.V. NICHOLAS, 204 Neath-road Briton
Ferry, and for stealing a bicycle valued at 30 s.from outside 119
Tanygroes-Street Port Talbot the property of Morgan MORGANS.
Defendant was arrested in High-street Aberavon, riding one of the bicycles.

Boxing at Swansea May 17th 1915.
Charlie LUCAS (Taibach) defeated Ted FEATHERS (Manchester) in a 15 round
contest, also Tim HOGAN (Pontypridd) beat Nobby NORMAN (Pontypridd), whilst
Frank MOODY (Pontypridd) obtained verdict against Tom ROBINSON (London) and Harry
MORRIS (Neath) won the decision over Ivor EVANS, (Melyncrythan).

John Patrick.

This thread: