GLAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GLAMORGAN > 2010-08 > 1281173323

From: "Jeff Coleman" <>
Subject: Re: [GLA] Tin works Aberdulais
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 10:28:43 +0100

The National Trust property at Aberdulais Falls includes the site of the
Aberdulais tinplate works, I am fairly sure. In the video presentation there
about the history of the site there is certainly mention of a tinplate works
as part of the long industrial history of the site. The waterfall at
Aberdulais Falls was previously used as the motive power fro a variety of
industries, including a flour mill and a forge.
http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-aberdulaisfalls
Plenty of images of the falls if you do a Google image search.

http://www.llgc.org.uk/index.php?id=580 is the famous painting by J M W
Turner of the falls when they powered a flour mill.

Jeff